Some life updates. No one reads this, so I’ll make it short and agreeable to my own personal tastes. If you write for yourself, you tend to write what you enjoy. So why I do hate my writing so much? Self-loathing, I suppose. Maybe my sartorial sense is stronger than my ability to write. This is why movie critics are so successful and numerous when compared to the filmmakers whose lives they wantonly destroy.
- Little Theodore James is doing great. He just turned 19 months old, and he’s progressing very well. He’s using lots of different words, and it seems like he says a new one every day or two. He’s also stringing two or three together on occasion, but that’s rare.
- Final adoption for TJ is scheduled for 5/22/08. Big day, and it’s going to be a big weekend – I’m planning on having a big BBQ party here at Chez Gleason in celebration of the event.
- Lily Tsukioka turned 1 yesterday (4/1/08)! Considering all of her trials coming into the world this time last year she has done amazingly. Really, she’s done amazingly just all around. We’re going to her birthday party this Sunday at our church.
- Keira Noel will be 1 later this month too, and she is really doing great. She’s JUST ABOUT to walk, and for yet another kid that doesn’t actually crawl she sure scoots around. TJ loves “the baby.”
- Abigail Marie is doing awesome – she’s just starting to crawl, and she looks like quite the little princess. She even has pierced ears! I guess if you’re going to do that to a kid, do it when they’re too young to remember the trauma of having a hole drilled into their living flesh. Too graphic?
- I have completed ALL of my required tests, exams, paperwork, evaluations and whatnot to obtain the insurance approval for my Lap-Band procedure. Once the surgeon’s office gets the last thing in hand they will file, and then it’ll probably be a couple of weeks before I hear back. I REALLY hope it gets approved, I would REALLY rather not spend $20K out of pocket for this, but I’ll do it if I have to.
- Work is going OK. I have a great team but there is some weirdness happening all around me that is getting in the way of just writing software. We seem to be having challenges from process to databases to infrastructure, and it’s getting to the point where it’s becoming overwhelming. Thankfully it’s a great place to work regardless.
I think that’s about it. Don’t forget that I upload pictures on a semi-regular basis to Flickr, you can always see what’s going on there at http://www.flickr.com/gleasonfamily.